Tomorrow represents my blog’s 3 month anniversary! I am so proud of how far I have come. When I first started blogging I felt overwhelmed because I honestly had no clue what the heck I was doing. Now I have more of an understanding about blogging and what that entails. I am so grateful to be apart of a blogging community that supports me and helps me when I have questions. I am honored to be apart of this community of women supporting women. I want to share with you some of the key points that I have learned along my journey.
- ALWAYS SOMETHING TO WORK ON. Blogging is a lot of work, I am not going to lie to you. There is so much that goes into it. It might seem easy just write content and post pictures. But there is so much more to it than that. There is the process of coming up with ideas of what to write about, taking lots of pictures, managing your website, talking to companies and oh so much more. I love putting in the work and seeing Sarah Elizsabeth blog being created. My blog and I are nowhere near where I want them to be but I know that over time I will be working my butt off to get there.
- TIME MANAGEMENT IS KEY. I have a lot happening in my life. I go to school full-time and am working my way to getting two degrees, and I also work part-time. Then on top of all of that, I blog. I have always been the type of person that loves having a lot to do, I feel that I thrive in this environment. So even though I go to school, I work, and blog I love every second of it. Finding a balance is important I try to plan out my time on the weekend so I know when I can accomplish the tasks that I have on hand.
- HAVE PLENTY OF PHOTOS TO POST. I use to be that girl that posted an Instagram picture maybe every two weeks. Now I have been working hard to put out pictures at least 2 to 3 times a week. I want to be able to post every day and I am working to get to that point. To get the right photo to post takes a lot of different shots. I was never one that loved to have my picture taken but now I always am asking my friends or family to take pictures for me.
- BE UNIQUE. There are thousands and thousands of blogs. Your blog should be unique just like you. If your blog is an exact replica of another than what is going to entice someone to read yours. A lot of blogs are makeup, lifestyle, and fashion but the content on my blog is different than another blog. Your readers want to read about what you are interested in, that’s why they read your blog!
- THE BLOGGER COMMUNITY IS POWERFUL. I have been lucky to meet some amazing women through blogging. I even attended a brunch for CT bloggers. During the brunch, we were able to talk about so many things that helped me realize that I am surrounded by so many powerful women that now inspire me.
I am so proud of how far I have come and all that is in store for me. Blogging is tough work but it is such a rewarding experience. I highly recommend starting a blog if you have ever thought of it. I want to thank all of you that have helped me reach this point in my blogging journey.